the WTFI World Tourism Forum Institute Summit last week enjoyed a high number of viewers but – as is common for such events involving many tourism minister and other VIP speakers – did run behind schedule so that the panel with COTRI participation was only shown after 20:00 h German time, two hours behind the published time. No worries, if you missed it, there will be soon be a recorded version of it on https://www.globaltourismforum.org/recovery-and-beyond/.
The next online treat is coming up next week: The ADVANTAGE: TOURISM Masterclass for a sustainable Recovery and Resilience programme for the Chinese outbound tourism market.
The ADVANTAGE: TOURISM Masterclass is an online event organised by COTRI China Outbound Tourism Research Institute and its Associates and Technology Partners providing vital information about the way to a better and more sustainable engagement with the Chinese outbound market.
66% of Chinese outbound travellers say that they are looking for new destinations and that their demands and expectations have changed during the CoViD-19 crisis. Knowledge and Digitalisation for better adapted products and satisfaction as the base for recommendation marketing are key elements to attract the next wave of Chinese visitors.
The ADVANTAGE: TOURISM Masterclass is free of charge and will be staged three times for the different global regions (60 minutes presentations plus 30 minutes Q&A):
on Dec. 9th 16:00 h (Beijing time) for Asia and the Pacific, to register CLICK HERE
on Dec. 10th 10:00 h (Berlin time) for Europe, Africa and the Middle East, to register CLICK HERE
on Dec. 10th 11:00 h (New York time) for North, Central and South America to register CLICK HERE
- Richard Adam, CEO Trend Transfer, Introduction: ADVANTAGE: TOURISM participants
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Georg Arlt, CEO COTRI, Keynote: China’s outbound tourism post-virus
- Gary Bowerman, Director Check-in Asia, China’s outbound tourism restart: Experiences in Asia
- Gazi Haxhia; CEO Landways International, Entrepreneurial view on the new Chinese customers
- Dr. Rudy Snippe, CEO Stocastic World, Creating value not by digitizing the past, but by thinking differently about organizing
- Pascal Beij, CEO PLANET Germany, Digital Readiness in the New Normal
- Olivier Henry-Biabaud, CEO TCI Research, Sentiment measurement and Data provision for the Chinese market
- Richard Adam, CEO, Trend Transfer Summary: Operationalisation ADVANTAGE: TOURISM
- Live Question and Answers with the audience 30 min. Regional specific Q&A provided by panelists
As a subscriber of COTRI Weekly, you get this information ahead of the general announcement, so please register right away, as the number of seats for participation is limited.
This week’s episode of 88 CTT Handy Hints for the Chinese Outbound Tourism Market concentrates on Travel in Chinese Luxury Style. It is released together with the COTRI Weekly. Have a look at the video on our YouTube.
Best wishes as always from Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Georg Arlt and the COTRI WEEKLY team!