- Posted by Newsdesk
- On 13th December 2018
- china outbound tourism, Chinese Outbound Travellers, COTRI Analytics, COTRI Market Report, COTRI statistics, COTRI Weekly, COTRIWeekly, Tourism statistics
the year 2018 is coming to an end, time to take a look back on the major developments according to COTRI ANALYTICS data.
The main story in terms of absolute arrival numbers this year has been the comeback of the Hong Kong and Macau SARs. After two weak years, both destinations saw a YoY growth rate of 13% in 2018, adding altogether nine million arrivals to new totals of more than 50 million and more than 25 million respectively. Taking into account the three million arrivals to Taiwan, more than 78 million of all border crossings from Mainland China, representing 48% of the total, ended in Greater China. The other 52% went further beyond, bringing close to 84 million Chinese to destinations around the world. The overall number of 162 million, if not influenced by Black Swan events in the few weeks of the year still ahead of us, slightly exceeds the COTRI forecast due to the stronger-than-expected performance of Hong Kong and Macau and represents a YoY growth rate of 12% for 2018 […]
For the rest of the article please see the following link: https://paper.li/cotriweekly#/