IACTS, the International Association for China Tourism Studies, has announced Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Georg Arlt to be an official fellow of IACTS.
- Posted by Newsdesk
- On 21st August 2017
- China tourism research, International Association for China Tourism Studies, Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Georg Arlt
IACTS, the International Association for China Tourism Studies, has announced Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Georg Arlt to be an official fellow of IACTS. The Membership Committee voted in favour of his inclusion, based on the recommendation of two existing fellows.
Prof. Arlt is a sinologist and tourism professor with 40 years of practical and academic experience in Chinese tourism. Professor Arlt is Director of the COTRI China Outbound Tourism Research Institute and Professor for International Tourism Management at the West Coast University of Applied Sciences in Germany.
The IACTS is an international academic association that acknowledges the growing importance of China tourism research and the increasing knowledge contribution of China tourism scholars to the tourism scholarship worldwide. As a fellow, Prof. Arlt has agreed to work towards the shared vision and mission of all fellows:
- promote ethical, rigorous, and quality research practices in China tourism research;
- advance tourism knowledge with theoretical developments in the Chinese contexts;
- encourage international collaborations and scholarly exchange activities among its members to publish quality research in international journals;
- bridge the communication between tourism research community in China and international tourism research community;
- provide cutting-edge methodological training, career guidance and counselling to next-generation China tourism researchers; and,
- provide knowledge-based consulting services to governments, industry and international organisations.
The activities of the fellows include holding academic conferences, editing research books, organising research training workshops and seminars, visiting scholarships, joint publications among members, and so on. Furthermore, academic meetings are held every 2 years.
“It is a great honour”, Prof. Arlt said, “to be one of only a few non-Chinese fellows in IACTS. I am sure that this organisation will grow into a major force in international tourism research.”
COTRI China Outbound Tourism Research Institute is the world’s leading independent research institute for information, training, quality assessment, research, and consultancy relating to the Chinese outbound tourism market. More information can be found on www.china-outbound.com.
For up-to-date articles, news features and exclusive content about the Chinese outbound market, subscribe to COTRI Weekly at www.paper.li/COTRIWeekly.