COTRI is the world’s leading independent research institute for consulting, research, information, training, certification, and quality assessment relating to the Chinese outbound tourism market.
COTRI has its head office in Hamburg, Germany and Chinese offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. COTRI has a global network of more than 20 COTRI Country Partners and cooperates closely with international organizations like UNWTO, PATA and ETOA. COTRI works for private and public companies and organizations all over the world.
All year round, COTRI offers internship positions for a period of three months in Hamburg, Germany.
Position 1: Database
– Revising and maintaining our existing contacts on our CMR portal
– Adding new contacts from fairs, LinkedIn to the CMR portal
– Searching for new quality contacts
– Contacting new contacts (incl. LinkedIn) with product overview brochure or customised offers (mail)
– Sending out campaign mails
– Producing certificates for trainings
– Adding information on those trainings to Chinese websites
Position 2: Marketing and Partner Relations
Participating actively in the company’s marketing functions, working to sustain COTRI’s brand awareness.
– Maintaining COTRI’s partnerships and seeing to the relations between COTRI and our partners. COTRI Partners operate internationally and execute a variety of COTRI functions.
– Creating, updating and maintaining COTRI’s marketing materials, distributed regularly to COTRI’s contacts
– Working closely with other departments to ensure effective marketing strategies;
– Updating client databases, to assess which products and services COTRI can offer to each client
– Holding communication with COTRI Country Partners, offering a point of contact within the COTRI headquarters to all partners operating internationally
– Searching for and approaching potential new partners
– Participating in development of partner conferences.
Position 3: PR and Media
– Support COTRI’s public profile and advance its product and service information through press, social media and other online channels.
– Work closely with the Chief Communications Officer to deliver projects related to COTRI’s work in the field of media, events and other projects.
– Being able to produce a high level of original written English, as well as being a native speaker of English is a plus.
Position 4: Sales
– Support all sales activities by communicating to existing and potential customers about COTRI products and follow up with sales leads.
– Assisting in the preparation of proposals and tenders for customers.
– Establish relationships with executive decision makers at the early stages of the sales process.
– Enjoying direct communication with customers from different countries is a plus.
Position 4: Research
– Assisting on COTRI’s research for publications
– Analysing and collecting data about the Chinese outbound tourism market to global destinations and updating and maintaining qualitative and quantitative databases
– Building up knowledge databases for internal and external use
– Handling large amounts of quantitative data and independently developed systems and patterns to analyse these effectively
– Doing preliminary research for quarterly reports
– Interpreting very large databases, using Microsoft Excel. Actively doing preliminary research, including mainly quantitative data, for quarterly reports and special projects, and with the assistance of your supervisor, learning to assess the reliability and quality of data.
As a COTRI intern you will:
• Learn the way a consultancy and research institute functions
• Get involved in further development of COTRI’s projects
• Be part of an international team working with global partners and customers
• independent, creative and responsible work
• very good English language skills
• good communication skills
• good user knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• experience working/studying in international settings
Desirable, but not mandatory:
• study and/or work experience in tourism and marketing
• first-hand practical experience in China and/or knowledge about China
We offer you:
COTRI provides a one-time payment of 100 Euros for your travel expenses and 300,- Euro payment per month for the right candidate.
To apply for an internship, applicants should send their CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!